Phew. Keep your fingers crossed I make it through all this. On the bright side, however, all of this crazyness means lots of content for the blog!
I'll have a new outfit post up for you tomorrow, but in the meantime, I've got an installment of my not quite weekly links round up.
- I am obsessed with this backpack that Solo Bags sent me. I initially wanted it because it slips over a suitcase, but I've ended up using it anytime I have to tote my laptop and camera around during the day. It's small but padded, and has so many useful pockets. Definitely recommend for any frequent traveler or blogger.
- Some people seem to think lifestyle bloggers should stay out of politics, and that's fine, but this article seemed completely off base to me. I don't think it's a true statement that all lifestyle bloggers have the same political views, it's just that those with opposing views to the ones highlighted in this article don't tend to speak out on social platforms. It shouldn't be a surprise that inclusivity is more in vogue to tout online.
- After a several year long hiatus from buying new bathing suits, I bought two tops and a bottom last summer from J.Crew. Both are very east coast, solid, tailored, so I felt like I need something a little spicier for living the pura vida later this month. Somehow I ended up on Nordstrom Rack's website, and let me tell you, that's the place to find well priced, fun bathing suits. I bought this Tart top and bottom for $44, and this Mara Hoffman bottom for just over $50! I ordered several bright solid color J.Crew tops that were on super sale and I'm sure one will work with the Mara Hoffman print.
- Speaking of packing for Costa Rica, I'm debuting my first crop top set while there. It's not this exact set, but a super similar one that I picked up at the end of summer. I'm thinking an outfit post is definitely in order.
- If Emma Watson is all about it, I want to get on board...but $25 for the trial size? I don't know about that.
- A confession, y'all: I have become terrible at keeping up with blogs these days. I just opened my Feedly and it's embarassing how many are waiting in there for me. And, when I'm scrolling through, I realize there are posts that I'd really like to read—I just don't know when I can make the time! It's like I have to choose between blogging here and reading blogs...and it's pretty clear which decision I'm making. Don't worry though, I'm still keeping up with everybody on Instagram.
- On that note, do y'all have any good interior design Instagram account recommednations? Preferably with a modern but cozy vibe? Not getting ahead of myself or anything...