In case y'all hadn't heard from all the other bloggers out there, the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale starts Monday, bright and early at 8 a.m. I have an embarrassing amount of Lilly, and I buy almost all of it during this sale. The prices are too good to be beat. While I really wanted to shell out $188 for the new Get Trunky shift, I kept reminding myself, I can get three dresses for that price during the sale. Patience is a virtue.
So, as you get ready to brave the online frenzy on Monday, here are the tips and tricks I've come up with after several years of successfully shopping the Lilly sale:
- Be patient. The site will crash. There will be a queue. Calm down. If you can't get on, chances are, neither can anyone else, and I guarantee you there will still be plenty of items available when you're finally able to get on the site.
- Be prepared. Have your login already created with all your shipping and billing information saved. This will make checking out a breeze.
- Nothing in your cart is guaranteed and shipping is free, so it makes sense to just check out after every single item.
- Set a budget and stick to it. You probably don't need $700 worth of Elsa tops (or maybe you do!), so pick one or two you like, and go for those. It's easy to get wrapped up in the deals, but they're not that good.
- If it's like past years, all items are final sale. Know your size and know which cuts work for you so you don't end up with a dress that you didn't realize ran three sizes too small.
- You can shop by print, so if there was a print that you absolutely loved and all you know is that you want something, anything in that print, you can narrow it down easily.
- However, if you do end up with something that doesn't fit or the print just doesn't work on you, don't fret. You can absolutely sell it on ebay for the price you paid for it—though don't be one of those people that buys 15 of the same item to try to sell at a markup.
Just for good measure, or in case you can't wait til Monday to get your Lilly fix, here are a few of my current favorites, including the top from the image directly above. It's only $58, so it's a steal even before the sale (and it likely won't go on sale since it's brand new!)