Well, it appears that the meteorologists were right on the money with their forecasts this time around. Snow started falling around 1 PM in DC and hasn't let up since. However not only am I a winter person, but I made a huge pot of crock pot chili, I've got plenty of blogging projects to work on, and I'm going to be happy as can be as long as the power doesn't go out. Fingers crossed.
In case you're looking for ways to occupy your time before you go stir crazy, I've got a round up of links for you to check out. This should keep you busy for at least 20 minutes!
- This black and white kitchen is absolutely stunning. The open shelving (those gold details!) and artwork interspersed among the dishes is to die for.
- Someday I want to submit an essay to Modern Love in The New York Times... in the meantime though, I'm glad some of the all time favorite stories are being brought to life via the new Modern Love Podcast.
- Millenials should plan to job hop at least every three years, not only to have a chance to keep learning new skills and taking on different challenges, but because it's far easier to negotiate a higher salary at a new employer than it is to get a raise of the same amount.
- If you've ever wondered how bloggers pull together such gorgeous vignettes around their homes, check out these tips from Style Me Pretty.
- I love a good matching shorts set, so this striped beauty from Mackenzie of Design Darling went straight to my Style I Love Pinterest board.
- Grace Coddington, the eccentric and iconic Creative Director of Vogue stepped down this week at age 74. This reminds me that I still need to read her memoir from a few years back.
- The two books above, Eat Pretty and The Truth About Beauty, are ones that I'm trying to refer to as I work on eating more nutritiously in 2016.
Also, I must be on a kindred spirit kick since I picked mostly links featuring redheads—Mackenzie of Design Darling, Grace Coddington, and the first Modern Love Podcast which is a reading of the one about the redhead who thought she found herself in a Craigslist missed connection.